Description of the Error
This error is pretty straightforward. The Veeam backup server is unable to reach a backup proxy server to process the job.
- Open the Veeam Backup Console
- Click Backup Infrastructure
- In my case, the error was pretty obvious. Our external backup proxy was showing as Unavailable.
- Connect to the Veeam backup proxy (skip this step if your Veeam backup server is your only backup proxy)
- Open services.msc and check for Veeam services
- The ‘Veeam Data Mover Service’ is not running, so the backup proxy is not responding to requests from the Veeam Backup Server.
- Right-click the stopped ‘Veeam Data Mover Service’ and start it.
- Start one of the jobs that failed with the above error and verify that it completes successfully.